Wednesday 24 March 2010

R.I.P John Hicklenton .

I have just been told that John Hicklenton one of the artists involved in the final wave of genius to seethe from the pages of 2000ad back in the late 1980's has passed away at the age of 42 after a long battle with Multiple sclerosis.
He was the subject of a moving documentary shown on More4 last year which came and went with minimal coverage or fanfare from the comics community which I think is pretty poor show really.
I can only dream of conjuring half the madness he was capable of putting onto the page, wherever you are now John I salute you.

2 comments:

John H said...

His yob job on Torquemada was superbly chilling. Apparently among his final words were "MS – you have a week to live, you’ve met someone you shouldn’t have f***** with."

Laughing Indio said...

HA! HA! Thats the spirit!!!